2015

2015
posterity

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

fun with friends

The Felix family invited us over for games and caramel popcorn (my favorite food on the earth).  We played a very unusual game of Settlers.  I won (unusual) by buying 7 development cards at the end because I was locked in with no place to build.  One of them happened to be a victory point.  Funny game.
Mario made Shelly's dad very happy by playing a few games of Chess with him.  Watching him play  reminded me of how I got Mario to ask me out for the first time.  I asked him to come to my work and make an old man happy by playing chess with him.--just for some good community service.

Playing 'headbands'  Alicia and Isaac really liked this game--I was terrible at it
Mario and I have been going to the temple once a week for awhile now. It has been a great thing for us. Often, when I analyze my own spiritual progress, I feel like I'm stagnant. My feelings about the temple are the exception.  I can honestly say now that when I look back to 5 yrs. ago or so, my testimony of the temple has grown immensely.  I look forward to going now.  I am able to get something from it almost every time and I feel the spirit there.  (I used to think I was going to die if I had to see that same movie one more time -and I would often just fall asleep)  And I think another thing (even though I don't help Mario with this yet)-  we now do the work for our own ancestors that Mario has researched.
The flowers at the temple are amazing right now

No comments: