So, I was perusing the classified ads and noticed a rather nice looking car being sold for $1700.00 I couldn't get it out of my head that night and thought I'd just go look at it for fun the next morning. It was even nicer in real life. I asked the seller if I could take it for a drive and go have a mechanic look at it for me. The mechanic gave me the go-ahead of it being a great car accept for an oil leak that wouldn't be a big deal to fix. (it ended up being $200) I had mentioned to Mario that night before that I thought I'd go look at it. His response was something like, "Well, just have a mechanic look at it before you buy it and then I'll trust your decision) This is something I absolutely adore about him and always have. It is a very non-typical way for a man to react to such a thing ( I think most men would have a cow about setting their wives loose with car buying.) He just always trusts me with whatever even though I don't always make the best decisions.
The timing of everything that day ended up being really awesome. While I was at the bank getting out the cash, Audrey texted me. The night before, we had watched our family show "The middle" and part of the plot was that the mom was going to take her daughter on a 'spa day get-away' to help her relieve some junior year high school stress. (This show always parallels our lives). They ended up accidentally going to a couples romantic spa and put in their own private room with a big, red, heart shaped hot tub.
So, I called the seller and told her I would be buying the car and I would be back with it at 1. I picked Audrey up at the school. I parked the car and waited on the sidewalk for her. When she came out we were walking along on the sidewalk and I put my arm around her and said, "This is because you are one awesome daughter and we love you." Then I opened the car door for her. Her reaction was the greatest thing ever. She started jumping up and down, crying and yelling nonsense. I had my phone video turned on and got most of it. She was truly grateful and she made me cry. The only problem now is that I like her car better than mine but she won't trade because she claims she's emotionally attached. AJ also seemed quite happy about all of this since he has a fondness for the truck and would like it to be around for him when he gets home.
No comments:
Post a Comment