Our Teesh turned 11. Is all I can think is "here we go again". Girls really do wig out at this age. I think I'm a good mom for this particular stage because of my own memories of it. I was such a tomboy usually resenting the fact that most of the time, I didn't get to do anything that my brother didn't even seem to appreciate doing. Then on top of that, to go through the changes and be forced to care about my looks was just all too confusing and crazy for me. I didn't want to grow up. A few years ago I read the book "Reviving Ophelia" and for the first time really understood what I went through at that time and why it's a defining and full of change time for girls. I watched Audrey transform in so many ways, within a period of about 18 months. She was incredibly sassy, moody, self centered, yet so fun at times. Now, she's amazing and it was all worth it. Alicia, I'm sure will be a repeat of all of it times 10. It has already begun- let me tell ya!
For her birthday celebration, we invited the Durrant side to come to the Sky View swimming pool with us. Alicia sure loved swimming with her cousins. Then we came back home for cake and ice cream. She went on a treasure hunt to find all of her gifts. I think it was a great day for her |
|
 |
| This was the look on her face before the 'thumbs up' cause she got her favorite candy |

Audrey went to prom with the very handsome Kyler Olsen. She was radiant and happy about it all!
 |
| Alicia immediately got excited when Audrey drove up to join us after her track meet |
Our Easter party this year was at Aaron and Teresa's house. They have the perfect house for hiding eggs. The adult hunt always consists of one person finding the egg with a $50 bill in it. The teens are supposed to hide for the adult hunt but the younger kids couldn't help themselves and they also couldn't help peeking to find which egg had the $50. They made sure to put it in an especially hard spot. When I found my egg, Isaac watched me pick it up and he said very sadly "Oh, bad news mom. You didn't get the $50" That made me laugh and also made me realize they all cheated.
 |
| The annual Easter egg bash. First girl ever to win was Corrinne |
 |
| Lightning basketball was the game of the day. We didn't even get out the board games, which is weird for this family |
 |
| Audrey's a bit like Ado Annie-- she likes "Whatever one I'm with" |
1 comment:
Yay, Karla, you are back! Think of it less like a blog and more of a family journal! :)
Post a Comment