2015

2015
posterity

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Spring break vacation to Ouray

I got to choose the place to vacation this time and I chose Ouray Co.  Mostly because we drove through there on our way back from Chaco Canyon a few years ago and I fell in love with how this town looked.  It is called the "little Switzerland of America" for a reason.  The mountains shoot up around it and it is beautiful.  We had the town to ourselves since it's the off season for anything there.  We rented a cabin for 4 nights (which we almost didn't get due to my airheadedness in booking the wrong dates).  But it all worked out in the end after some heavy duty stress on my part.  Our trip consisted of hiking, snowshoeing to a ghost town, swimming in the hot springs, playing a lot of games in our cabin (mostly Snake Oil), watching a lot of Harry Potter movies, me entertaining the family by falling into a river, and going to see a National Park (Mario's love)
This is my favorite picture from our trip.  What a great day!

Ouray hot springs
Ian and I getting ready to race our canoe logs

a hike up to box canyon

When we started our snow shoeing, Alicia was yelling at me about why don't we snow shoe every day.  By the time we were done, she ended up with a blister and the love for snow shoeing was very much over for her

Mario's eyebrows might look like this in a few years

Our visit to Black Canyon national park on the way home

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. Thanks for posting. We love to feel connected with you guys in this way.

Heidi said...

You guys are so fun! I hope our family is as cool as yours someday. :)