2015

2015
posterity

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Visits, school, and mother's day









Jessica, Alan, me, and Mario
I have been in a bad mood about blogging lately because my 3 mo. old, $300 camera got dropped and quit working.  I LOVED that camera and decided to send it out to be fixed.  It will probably cost half of it's price but hopefully will be back to it's original state.  So--I haven't taken a whole lot of pictures.  I don't think iPhone pictures are that great. 
 
My brother Alan and his new wife Jessica came and spent a few hours with us last week.  We ate dinner and played apples to apples.  It was great to see them as newly-weds and how they already have little pet names for each other and little jokes between them.  We had a great time with them for the short time they stayed.

Alicia with her display all ready to go
Alicia came home one day and told me that they were all going to be a famous person and do a press conference, a display, a red carpet walk--the works.  I asked her who she was and she said, "Jenny Bowen".  I had no idea at the time who that even was, and neither did Alicia, but we both know a lot now.  She adopted a little Chinese girl and through that whole process, realized what the orphanages of China were really like and decided to change that.  She was quite an amazing person.  I enjoyed helping with this project --(most of the time, I don't)

Alicia on the red carpet.  She is supposed to look like 60 yr. old Jenny Bowen but I'm not sure we pulled that off.
Today was Mother's day.  My kids made lunch and Ian kept making sure I was sitting on the couch reading the newspaper and not doing anything.  That was cute to me since he's usually not one to care much.  AJ and Audrey know that I love funny gifts and they went to DI yesterday and picked me out a stylin outfit.  It had to do with a joke about pants for a mother's day gift, that we watched on "The Middle"--our family favorite show.  I loved this gift!!

I am set for when the 60's (and maybe part 90's) come back
Mario was able to have a lighter day today and we all went down to Wellsville to celebrate.  It's always fun to be with family.

Isaac and Kayden playing 'killer bunnies' at grandma's house


1 comment:

Wright Family said...

I'm sorry I missed Alicia's display - we were going to look at them but our 3rd grade pod-cast thing ran long and I didn't get to venture down the other hallway. She looks great!