I asked Alicia how she wanted her birthday to be this year. She really wanted to have a friend party and a cousin party. The Jump Zone was on the list and I told her that she could invite a few cousins OR a few friends for a party there. I couldn't do both because it would be really expensive. So the plan became to have friends there on Fri. and then a big Durrant birthday party on Sun. night. (Her actual birthday)
 |
| Alicia with a few of her school friends |
Well, on Sat., Isaac became really sick and when he wasn't in the bathroom, he was on the couch sleeping and he wanted nothing to do with food--with Isaac, this means he's on the verge of death. I told Alicia that if he wasn't better the next day, we'd probably have to cancel all the cousins coming over.
 |
| She was deciding the perfect order in which to open her gifts |
On Sun. morning, I heard her in the front room saying things like, "Isaac, you are feeling fine now, right?" "Isaac, I bet you are so hungry now. Let's go eat breakfast, OK?" "Isaac, you have got to go tell mom that you feel normal now." I could tell by his voice that he was nowhere even close to normal but like he has always done, he dutifully gave the answers Alicia needed to hear.
 |
| There were of course a lot of dog-related gifts |
 |
| She also loves dragons so I made her a dragon cake--kind of. Not sure what we are shocked about here |
At about 1:00 he finally got off the couch and came and ate a little. By this time, I was so sick of trying to calm Alicia down about the possibility of her party getting canceled, I just let all the relatives know and told them that if they wanted to take the risk, they were still invited. So about half came and Alicia was happy with that.
On Mon., I sent Isaac to school because he seemed much better and ate a good breakfast. I got a call later to come and get him because he was sick. I felt stupid-- It is obviously because of mother's like me that kids catch a lot of sickness at school.
 |
| Audrey's after-prom hangover. (I think she took a 4 hr. nap) |
No comments:
Post a Comment