2015

2015
posterity

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Nightmare on vet street

It has now been 7 weeks of going without sugar in my diet.  The reason I quit cold turkey is that I was getting so sick of having headaches every day  and migraines about every 10 days.  It has made an unbelievable difference.  I have had 2 bad headaches in 7 weeks.  That is nothing compared to what it was.  It hasn't even been very hard-I just think of what a migraine feels like if I am tempted.  Of course I am in denial about this being a lifetime change--there are just way too many great things to eat out there.  I'll just give it some more time and then we'll see.  I was hoping for some bonus weight loss along with all of my self control but my 40-something body likes to hang on to all that it has.

Just give Ian some duck tape and a cardboard box and he will become creative.
This week we came to a screeching halt with our level of busyness and the kids were overly bored.  I started to think for the 1st time this summer that going back to school didn't sound so bad.  We did have the ward camp out which Mario decided to miss.  He has had such a bad week at work.  He was called out every single night for emergencies and wasn't getting any sleep plus everything was going wrong during the day.  One memorable thing happened---Audrey was working at the clinic and helping to do a dental on a dog.  Apparently she turned the dog too many times while it was under anesthesia.  I don't know what I'm really talking about but this is a no no thing to do.  She came home feeling bad because the dog had a hard time coming out of it but Audrey thought all was OK.  Well, Mario came home and as we were going to bed, he told me that the dog was now blind and he thinks that it was a very rare side effect of what Audrey did.  Mario, by this time looked like he had aged 10 yrs. and he was just so depressed about having to tell this lady.  (not to mention Audrey)  He lost even more sleep that night with worrying about it.  Well, the next day, she called him and he started to tell her what had happened.  Her response---"Oh, you didn't do that.  Our dog has been blind for 3 years.  I meant to tell you that."  Unbelievable! But such a relief for everyone!

1 comment:

Audrey said...

worst day of my life!