We went and did baptisms on Fri. night and then went to Teresa and Aarons for ice cream. When we left, I thought I should make sure that Theo was inside (since it's firework season) but then thought we would be home before dark so I left him out. We ended up getting home really late and couldn't find Theo anywhere. Since Alicia was very sleep deprived from a week long cousin sleep over, she was a blubbering mess and was sure that he had been run over. We drove around in the dark and looked for him but decided to continue the search in the morning. He did end up barking at the back door at about 1am.
The next morning I got a call from Poppy and found out that Theo had freaked out at the fireworks that are around and run 6 blocks to get to their house and started barking at their back door to let him in. He is a dumb dog but it is quite amazing to me that he remembered how to get there and knew he had been there before and that they would comfort and console him.
Another story from this summer. Pierce was here hanging with us and it was late so we took him home. When we got back, Audrey realized that Pierce had left his IPOD here and that he can't stand to be without it. It was late, I was tired and I told her that we were not going to worry about it until morning. She was fine with that. Later, I was in bed almost asleep and heard Mario say, "It sounds like our car just drove away." I thought nothing of it and later after Mario had walked outside and said that our car was gone, I told him that it was just AJ on one of his choc. milk runs. Mario came back in and said, "Our car is really gone and AJ is in bed." I jumped out of bed and we both went outside and starred at the blank spot. Mario said, "Could Audrey have taken it?" I quickly said, "No- she wouldn't do that. Besides, she is in the bathroom." (She takes a very long time in the bathroom at nights.) We looked at each other and determined that our car had been stolen. I said, "I am going in to call the police. I love that car!" I was headed inside and Audrey pulled up. Mario and I had a slight tizzy fit and I told Audrey that the 'golden child' (As AJ calls her) does not steal cars before she even has a license. She felt sufficiently stupid and Mario and I learned not to assume anything anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment