2015

2015
posterity

Thursday, August 16, 2012

End of summer bash!

The whole gang

We planned a summer campout with the Allen's and Felix's a couple of months ago.  Our campout became a 3 day stay in the Cub River Lodge thanks to the people who manage it and love Mario.  They let us stay there for free because Mario was so nice to their mother before she died and he also takes really good care of their animals.
Fun in the hot tub
We had a blast!  There were so many fun things for the kids to do together and they all got along so well.  I know that a lot of great memories were created for them. (And us). 
Headed to the springs
We drove up to Willow flats (my favorite spot near cache valley) and hiked to the springs.  Then went down and played in the stream for a little while. 

My 2 Bests!

The rest of the 3 days was spent eating a LOT, talking, playing games and swimming. 
There is something about this picture that I love

We even had a big family night and had a program.  Audrey and Spencer sang, the Felix's sang, Pierce and Brittney danced, and I did a 'navajo sister moment'. 
Sincronized night swimming with the teens

Of course there was some scrabble time
It was hard to come home!  It went by so so fast and I am not wanting school to start anymore.
Mike, Shelly, me, Mario, Poppy, and Jeff

No comments: