
Apparently, Bro. Mann got up in sacrament meeting while conducting and announced that there would be no youth speaker because she had been whisked away to the magical land of Blanding. (Audrey was supposed to speak.) But our last minute decision to go for the last fun of the summer was a good one. We had a great time. Lori and Peg both went with some of there kids and then we got to see Russ's fam too down there.
 |
| Mom, Dad, and Peg |
 |
| Lori and I re-living childhood |
I wanted to go and see if a park still existed that I have fond memories of going to. Mom and Dad were not even sure if it was there anymore. It was and was all the same except they had taken out the witches hat.
 |
| Entering the Kiva |
We also went to Edge of the Cedars museum since it is one of those things in Blanding that I didn't appreciate while living there but think it's cool now.
 |
| Swimming at Recapture Resivoir |
Then we went swimming at the dam. We were being very indecisive about going there or the pool. I always like to do country stuff while there since we can go to a chlorine pool anytime. There was some stress when Peg and I sent the kids on a hike around the lake to meet us and it was too rocky to even hike on. We had to go and rescue them and they were not at all happy with us.
 |
| Isaac with one of his catches |
Right before we left to come back, we made a stop at the lake with our hot dogs and string to catch some crawdads. The kids loved this. We resisted keeping them and making a meal out of them.
 |
| Ian catching crawdads |
 |
| Audrey in the driver's seat |
Audrey drove for a lot the trip and gave me a few minor heart attacks. This is so much harder than potty training! (I was so glad when that was over.)
No comments:
Post a Comment