| One of my favorite pictures of the kids with the dogs |
| The dogs being cute |
I learned a little last Tues. about what it means to comfort those who stand in need of comfort. Our little dog Poco was run over and died. Alicia came running up the road screaming for me. We laid him down quick on the driveway and I ran and called Mario and left a message. Poco took a few breaths and then died. Mario came home as soon as he could and we had a little funeral and buried him in the island. We all cried but mostly for Alicia and Isaac. Even Ian who has always disliked Poco a lot, shed a few tears in Alcia and Isaac
's behalf. Wow, this blog is being weird and I can't fix it. So anyway, the next day, Audrey and I took it upon ourselves to do a lot of fun things with them to distract them from thinking about it too much. We drove up to Willow Flats for a picnic and then went and played racquetball and basketball. It was in between these things that they had a hard time. Isaac was trying not to cry in front of us and he would suddenly run to the bathroom and shut the door. I'd go listen and hear him crying in there. It about killed me. He at one point was sitting at the table doing legos and said, "So mom, how long will it take for me to feel normal again?) Oh wow, that one got to me too. I tried to say all of the things that a perfect mom would say. I tried to do all the things a perfect mom would do. It probably sounds weird but I will always have good memories of those few days because of how much closer we all became because of it.
| Mario speaking at the funeral. I could see once again why people think he's the best vet ever. |
| Alicia with Poco |
| Our picnic to Willow Flats |
| the day we got Poco |
1 comment:
Oh this made me sad for your kiddos. Hope they are feeling better about things.
Post a Comment