2015

2015
posterity

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Fun at the "Clue house"

Alicia opening her 'countdown til Obama is done' clock
 We had a great time at the "Clue house" again this year.  Our white elephant gift exchange was as usual, the high-light.  I would say, one of the best we've had as far as the gifts that were given this time.  The 4 best (in my opinion) were Ian's picnic pants, Brad's sweater, the lap pack snacking tray, and the glittering teeth.  Mario and I were saying later how it really depends on who opens the gift with how funny it ends up being.  We gave the little girl sweater and it was so perfect that Brad opened it.  I also brought a pantyhose crafting book that I thought was pretty average but Cristy opened it and made it hilarious.
Ian trying out his new 'picnic pants'

Brad's new sweater that fits so well

I love this picture of Isaac laughing at Audrey
 Things didn't work out so well this time for Mario being there much.  He did a lot of back and forth and it was a truly exhausting week for him.  He is always getting pulled in so many directions by so many people.  I have made a big effort the last few years to not be one of them.  I know now that he tries his very best to balance everything the best way he knows how and I appreciate more than ever all that he means to our family and the blessings we are receiving by what he does with his time.
This is how Audrey will answer the door when her dates come to pick her up
 On Sunday, Audrey and I also left the party for the day so that she could go to some of her friends farewells that day.  I debated a little going back with her but I was really glad I made the decision to.  Russ and Rebecca were staying at our house and they ended up going to our church.  Then came home and had some lunch with us before leaving.  So I was happy that I got to be with them a little while they were here.  Right before they left, I could feel one of my migraines coming on.  I hurried and took my medicine but it was a worse one than usual and I spent the next 5 hours incapacitated.  I was really glad I was not still in Ogden trying to be social during that.  I wish that I could find a way to get rid of my guaranteed once a month bad migraine.
Brad picture framing their new book.  Mario said, "You like Ironman.......but not."
We came back home on Monday afternoon and then went to the Wilson's for dinner and family night.  They are always so good to our family.  They are probably the only couple in the church who do a tri-annul home-teacher appreciation night

No comments: