 |
| Alcia and McKinley with the 1st set |
Alicia started asking me about a month ago if we could sign the paper at school that we could take some baby ducks home once they hatched there in their classroom. I finally gave in, mostly because I got sick of hearing it 10 times/day. We started reading up a little on how to take care of ducks. Well, none of the school ones made it so I thought it might end there---wrong! Finally, I just said we'd look on KSL and see what we could find. I ended up getting 2 baby ducks that were also hatched in a classroom and they did fine and she was a happy camper. Well, Audrey innocently changed their box the 2nd night and put the heat lamp directly over them and they got a little too toasty and were dead by morning.
 |
| Alicia, Isaac and their miracle babies |
This of course caused tears and frustration. Then something really crazy happened. Mario got home that afternoon from work, asked me to come outside with him, opened the van door and brought out a box with 3 of the tiniest cutest baby ducks ever. Alicia went into orbit with happiness. Mario said that one of the techs called him a bit before and told him that she'd found 3 motherless baby ducks in her yard and wondered what to do with them. We just stared at each other with this look of amazement while he told us that getting abandoned ducks has never happened in the whole 16 years that he's worked there. I looked at Alicia and said, "Did you say a prayer or something?". She said, "Actually, I did." Later I questioned her about that and she said how she thought of my story when I was little and how I prayed my hail-stoned kittens back to life. She said, "He didn't bring mine back to life but He gave me new ones."
 |
| swimming in the ice chest |
 |
| Audrey getting in on the fun |
I am now finishing this post that I started earlier and am sad to say that we're down to one duck. (They are incredibly delicate little things and apparently we are not the greatest duck owners). But Alicia is now happy that she has been able to say that she owned little brand new baby ducks at one time and she's planning to raise them in the resurrection. She's quite a girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment