2015

2015
posterity

Sunday, October 20, 2013

UEA weekend




On Monday night, Scott and Karen invited anyone who could to come and celebrate Scott's birthday by watching 'What about Bob?' . On our way over there, we were driving by the Worthen's and there was this bouquet of about 12 Mylar balloons stuck to their fence. They were all like Barbie, Tangled, princess's etc. Definitely made for a little girl. I jokingly said, "We should go get that and take it to Scott." Ian yelled, "turn around!!!". We went back and got them and Ian had a great time presenting them to Scott as if we'd gone out and purposely bought him such a gift.  Ian greatly enjoyed Scott's reaction.

 


Ian and Scott

This is how Audrey looks right after she runs for 20.09 min. as fast as humanly possible

The Smith's offered to let us go stay in their bear lake cabin for Thurs. night while the kids were out for UEA.  Some of Mario's family were able to come up for all or some of it.  We had a great time playing games, eating and enjoying the awesome view of the lake.  The cabin was amazing!
Every once in awhile, I really miss this.  Baby David is so fun to hold.

Audrey is now the official cover model for the "Gown Town" website.  I love this picture of her

I have taken Isaac to the trout farm many times because he loves fishing so much and we are guaranteed to catch fish there.  Last time we were there he told me that he wants to try 'real' fishing.  I had been telling him that we are kind of cheating because they are so easy to catch.  So, we asked Aaron if he would take us sometime to go real fishing and it worked out for Saturday.  We went to Hyrum dam.  The biggest fish we caught for the day was maybe 2 oz.  We also fished off the dock which we weren't supposed to be doing but that's the only place we could get any of these huge fish to bite.  The kids had fun anyway because that's what kids are able to do.
This picture is an optical illusion because we didn't catch anything that big.


On Monday, I called Susan F. to see if she had time to come with me and help Dede wash her windows. She brought Bob because he was off that day and we all went over there. The Selvage's just laughed at us and said, "you are not cleaning our windows". They sat us down and started showing us pictures of their mission and telling us a bunch of stories.  I thought one was so funny I've been laughing about it all week. They were joking about how they hoped to be able to think of at least one or two 'spiritual' experiences before their talks on Sunday. Then Dede said, "We've got to tell them about the blessing". Apparently they went to a backwoods home of a redneck- times- 10 couple that owned about 8 mangy dogs. They sat on the front porch talking to this couple and off and on the dogs would all come over and start barking loudly, causing a ruckus until the man started yelling at them and getting them to go away. Dick offered to give the wife a blessing for something she was going through and she accepted it. Dick started giving the blessing and in the middle of it, the dogs came back and were being really loud again. Dick paused and patiently tried to give the blessing in between barking and Dede just reverently kept bowing her head and trying to keep her eyes closed. She heard the man moving around and the front porch door slam, then he went stomping off towards the dogs. All the sudden, "BOOM!!!!!". The loudest gunshot ever that just about made them both die of a heart attack. Dick said he's not quite sure if he said 'Amen' or not and there was dead silence from the dogs. Dick and Dede said a quick goodbye and got out of there. As they were driving away they looked at each other with this look of "What just happened?" Then Dede said, "Holy Kentucky!" I have thought about this story many times since this week and I about die laughing every time.

I could see myself on a mission like their's--in backwoods redneckville somewhere. I would love that. But I know Mario see's us in a Latin American country somewhere speaking Espanol. I have a feeling he will be right.

No comments: