2015

2015
posterity

Monday, August 19, 2013

Durrant Park City trip





Tyler, Ian and Adam

Isaac
The Durrant family planned a few months ago to spend 3 nights in Park City for a summer get-away.  We went to the first half of the trip and then the kids went to Lori's house for the Pincock cousin party.  (We are all getting in our last bit of fun before school starts this week.)
We ended up going to Jordanelle reservoir for the day.  The adults spent time under the shade tents playing games while the kids all took mud baths.  It was a really gross beach but that didn't stop the kids from loving it. 

This has been a strange week with AJ gone.  The first few days, I had the same feeling that I had the day I sent him to 1st grade and the 1st time he went to scout camp.  That anxious feeling of having a part of you missing and needing it back.  I didn't feel like he was old enough to be gone so long and I guess I really don't feel like he's old enough to be gone for 2 yrs.  That's the part I can't wrap my head around--2 yrs.  Today I opened the fridge and thought, "Why do we have so many eggs in here--oh, AJ's gone".  I suggested playing Carrom on Sunday and Ian said, "We have to have 4 people for that, we don't anymore."  Oh --I need time to get used to all this.
Durrant cousins

No comments: