 |
| Add caption |
 |
| The man of the hour looks a little tired of the party |
Other things that we fit in were: going to Gaucho grill (AJ's wanted to try that for awhile now). We watched 'Galaxy Quest', did baptisms and sealings at the temple etc..
The setting-apart was amazing! Mario gave him a wonderful blessing. The spirit was strong. I have no doubts that he will be a great missionary. I felt like it won't be easy for him, but he will get through whatever trials he needs to.
We had it planned to go down to SL and stay overnight the night before he flew out. I tried a couple months ago to get tickets to see 'Tarzan' at the Hale Center. They were sold out so I was put on a waiting list. I had given up on that though and had reserved a family bed and breakfast down there. Well, they called morning of asking if I would still like to have 7 tickets. AJ was so happy to get to see it after all.
 |
| This is how AJ has spent the past month since all his guy friends went on their missions |
The play was so well done. The timing was interesting. The song "you'll be in my heart" was what I considered to be my theme song with my kids when they were younger. To hear it again plus the little addition of Tarzan also singing it to his mom when he was older, about did me in. It hit me hard! I was sitting with only Alicia and the rest of the family was sitting across the way. She kept looking up at me to see if I had quit crying yet. She was quite concerned and very confused about what was so sad. |
| |
 |
| Our post setting apart family picture |
 |
| Right after putting on his tag |
We got to the bed and breakfast really late and got very little sleep which actually helped with our goodbye's early the next morning. We were all too out of it to be too emotional.
Mario was told by someone that after you say goodbye to your missionary you should take the rest of the family and go do something fun. We had intended to do that but we really just wanted to come home. Honestly,we were all feeling down and out. I took a nap, woke up with a bad headache, laid on the the couch, started reading a lot of nice texts from friends and family and then the waterworks started again for me. But I'm feeling better tonight. Shelly took me out for frozen yogurt and Poppy brought me dinner-just because they've been through it and knew how I was feeling. What awesome friends!
We just got a short e-mail saying that he'd arrived safely. This was a great ending to our memorable day.
 |
| The look on his face says it all, I think |
 |
| And last of all--since I'm in charge of the stake missionary board, THIS is what it's going to look like now! |
No comments:
Post a Comment