2015

2015
posterity

Sunday, November 18, 2012

modern art

Audrey helping with the special number
It was young women's in excellence on Wed. night.  Audrey has been working on a painting at school for the last couple of months.  I told her on Mon. that she should really try and get that thing done so she would have something to display.  She stayed after school both days and finished it in the nick of time.  (Paint was still wet)  I picked her up at school and when she brought it out, I couldn't believe how hugamungus it was.  And then I couldn't believe how unique and unusual it was.--and how much I LOVED it!  It's kind of like a self portrait of doing something she loves, but without the 'self' in it. I can tell that I am going to be living my dreams of being an artist vicariously through Audrey. 

displayed at the church


Audrey on her bed giving perspective on the size of the painting
Last night Mario and I drove down to Maddox to meet up with our old friends, the Croshaw's.  I love getting together with them and I always leave feeling a little sad that they had to move away.  I know that our kids would all still be friends.  Maddox was so crowded that we decided that we better leave so other's could eat.  We went and sat out in our car for a couple more hours and talked while it rained.  By the time we got back home, our bums felt like we had driven to Blanding and back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Audrey's painting is so cool. I told Rebecca how impressed I was with her still life painting and she was amazed by this one too. Good job Audrey!