2015

2015
posterity

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Early holidays and scout projects

When Isaac needs some "alone time", he goes into the garden, turns the water on full blast and makes rivers, streams and hills for hours.
 When AJ was Isaac's age, he lived for Halloween.  He still loves it but has quit going through magazines studying possible costumes and sufficiently scary decorations.  No need to fear-Isaac has taken his place.  I guess all mom's have regrets.  I sometimes feel that I have more than most.  One of them is that I didn't really support this fanaticism of AJ's.  I could have spent a few more $'s on decorations and put a little more into him having the world's greatest costume.  Maybe that is why the youngest is always the most spoiled.  Because we mom's try to change what we regret the first few times around.  Therefore, we are putting up Halloween decor on Sept. 16th.  Isaac picked this stuff out last year, right after Halloween on the clearance racks.  He has been going crazy for 10 months now, waiting to put it up.
Alicia and Isaac with their new lawn display
We are all going to be our favorite Disney villain this year.  Alicia has been talked into CruellaDeVille.  This was done by bribing her with a few more stuffed Dalmatian puppies.
I caught him in the garage wearing a grandma Pincock apron, getting his paint all ready to go.  Nice legs Hoka!
Audrey and I helping
The big happening of the last few weeks is that AJ has done his Eagle project.  We will have the marks to prove it for many years to come.  He painted fire hydrants all over town with very permanent, bright red, never-come-out-of-anything paint.  I find traces of it somewhere new every day.  I have been the worst scout mom ever.  (Another thing maybe I will get right by the time Isaac is a senior).  I'm so glad that AJ has taken the initiative in all of this and really done it all on his own.  He's a great kid!!

There were a few mishaps-one of them is that the can tipped over in the back of the truck.  Instead of trying to get it out, he just painted the bed.  The truck now has more personality than it already did.

No comments: