2015

2015
posterity

Saturday, September 15, 2012

basement floods, migraines, and blessings

AJ--He'll be able to go far with a smile like that (I can't get this picture to turn upright)
Alicia--there were a lot of great pictures of her but this one really has her non-staged look
It seems like it was an extra bad week so I am putting pictures of my greatest blessings on here to help me realize that none of it really mattered in the long run.


My Frosty Bear--What more can I say.


On Wed, I took on the great project of getting the garage cleaned up after all of it's summer abuse.  I connected the hose to the faucet in the garage (which we have hardly used at all) and had a grand old time spraying out the garage for awhile.  Then I stayed out there for quite awhile longer organizing and throwing away things.  I came in and the mud room was sopping wet.  I ran downstairs and there was water pouring through the light fixture and coming out of the ceiling in random places all over the room.  A pipe had froze and most of it traveled through the ceiling the whole time I was out there.

Ian--he's getting so big and handsome
 This was not ideal!!  (A new Durrant quote)  While I went through a lot of stupidness of trying to resolve all the problems this caused, the washer quit working.  I am still trying to dry out carpets and hoping we don't all die from the "bad" mold.  (Whatever that is.)  Not to mention our new appliance fix-it bill.
Audrey--when I saw her pictures I became truly scarred (so pretty!)
Then to top off everything, I got the migraine of the century on Fri.  I woke up with a really bad headache at 4am, hurried and took my powerful prescription drug, threw up the drug, took another drug and kept throwing up for the next 10 hours.  If I laid down, my head pounded and if I sat up, I got SO nauseous.  There was really nothing I could do except cancel everything for that day and wait it out.  There is nothing to make you truly appreciate good health until you don't have it. 








No comments: