Mario and I learned a long time ago that trying to go out on Valentines day is a dumb idea. You go to the restaurant very hungry and 2 hours later you are finally getting seated. Then it is so crowded and chaotic that it's hard to have a romantic dinner anyway. We started a tradition about 8 years ago of staying at home and having our own candlelight dinner. I cook something nice, we kick all the kids downstairs, then turn on 'Our Songs' and reminisce about our love. (OK, that was sappy but kind of true) Anyway, sometimes it really does hit me how lucky I am in the husband department. When I wonder why, my conclusion always comes to this- I must have done something really quite wonderful in the pre-existence to have him for my own.
 |
| AJ in the background stealing our food-he was kicked downstairs very shortly after |
1 comment:
I love that you guys have a blog so we can feel like we aren't so far away. Looks like a fun Valentine's tradition. And you two are a stunning couple!
Post a Comment