2015

2015
posterity

Sunday, October 8, 2017

The in between stuff stuff and the Fun Hut- Summer 2017

The pool got to the age of either death or a whole lotta money to bring it back to life.  On one Sunday afternoon, the kids and I were sitting out on the edge of the pool and brainstorming about what would fill the giant void that would be the hole in our deck and our hearts.  We've all wanted a pool table for a long time to have our Splash tournaments.  There was talk of me getting my "Hyde Park grandma addition" but the time and money aren't right for that yet.  There was more talk of what we would want with our pool table which was a couch, a huge TV, and a big table for game playing--and Wa La--our fun hut idea was born.  I have loved that we had a project for the summer that involved all of us.  AJ and Nicole came over a few times to help get the pool out--Ian, Isaac and I spent many long hours on the deck getting the floor ready and setting up a 16/28 foot all weather tent with a tarp over it.  Ian, Josh and I made a trip to SL to pick up all of the furnishings we bought for cheap off of KSL.  Ian and more friends helped set up the pool table and haul everything into the hut.  We also built the floor a foot off the ground and dug a moat around it all in hopes of keeping the winter out.  And I connected a gas heater to the gas line that we already had for our previous pool heater.  It's actually working quite well.  Time will tell if our fun hut was the greatest idea ever or the absolute stupidest.
The girl cousins had a head lice fiesta going for awhile.  It was so fun for all of us!

Starting the fun hut

These 3 got to go to EFY together

Isaac 
I was thinking that the appeal of owning a cabin would be that whenever you go there, it just feels like fun family time and a place to get away and make memories.  I think that is my hopes for our tent and the whole motivation behind it.  Just a bit cheaper than a cabin.
Teesh by a set up game that she has no intention of playing
Ian's party in the tent

Mario, Chad and Isaac

No comments: