We had such a great time at the studio recording Audrey's song. Ian came out of there so excited for AJ to come home so that they can record something with the 3 of them. I knew they would love it, and I now have my official song to treasure for all time.
Track is over and these two had a great season. State didn't go so well for Audrey since she got one of her coughing fits and couldn't get control of it in time for her last run. Ian was just happy to get to go to state since he was one of two freshmen. He went as a back up though and they didn't end up needing a back up. When Ian was trying to decide between track or ultimate Frisbee, I was worried that he'd made the wrong choice with track. He told me that it would be his only chance to be in it with Audrey so that was the deciding factor. It ended up being the right choice. They've made some great memories. When it was all over Audrey came home and posted on instagram and this is what she wrote:
“Track is definite clarification that things often don’t
turn out the way you want them to. But
despite the sweat and tears that didn’t pay off, I am so grateful that I have
had this opportunity. Track has changed
me for the better and made it possible for me to be friends with so many
incredible people, and I could never replace these times or memories. Farewell spiky shoes.”
Alicia had her end of the year concert and was so excited to play 'viva la vida' for us. I hope she'll continue with the cello. It's so great to watch her play it.
We had a hail storm like no other a few days ago. These 2 would run out in it and run back to the porch when it hurt too much, then run back out.
1 comment:
I want to hear the song! You should post it on here or send it out via email.
Post a Comment