 |
| On the ferry on our way to Alcatraz |
Once again--have I said that I love going on family vacations? Mostly I love to just get away from the routine, force our kids to be with us and only us:), and have Mario all to ourselves. We will do this for as long as we can. I had the thought a few times that this was Audrey's last 'official' family vacation. From here on out, it's her choice if she wants to go with us or not. Where's the rewind button????!!
 |
| Mario and Alicia on the island |
We found plenty to do in San Francisco. It was a unique city that seemed to be stacked on top of itself. Everything was so tight! Mario and I paid for the xtra insurance on our rental van--not something we usually do and we weren't even sure why we did it then, but we later put a nice dent into into the side door while trying to get out of a parking garage. We were really happy we'd paid the little xtra.
 |
| Six flags--here we come |
 |
| This was taken on the Oakland temple grounds |
Day one was filled with all things Alcatraz. We all became quite obsessed with a prison on an island, to the point that we went back to our rental house that night and watched "Escape from Alcatraz". I didn't think an island with a prison on it would be all that interesting for me but it was way up there on our list of trip successes.
The Oakland temple was beautiful and unique. And the view of the city from there was amazing. Mario, Audrey and Ian did baptisms and Alicia, Isaac and I went to the visitors center and then just tried to kill time (they were in doing baptisms for an xtra long time). Teesh started to have a mental breakdown because Isaac and I were playing a game and she was bored of her book. She yelled, "I am losing it people!," and then proceeded to attack us and cause physical harm. This sent me into one of my laughing fits that I couldn't stop. She's always a funny child.
 |
| The temple had a place where you go up on top and there are gardens up there |
1 comment:
I always love reading about your family vacations. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment