2015

2015
posterity

Monday, February 9, 2015

Another mostly Audrey post

Ok--I know Audrey has more posts and pictures in here than anyone but she also has by far, the most going on these days.  Her painting won a scholarship at the state competition.  I took her and Kaitlin down for the awards ceremony.  It was an amazing museum and even more amazing for me to see her paintings on the wall.  I spent a lot of time stalking people there just to hear what they were saying about her art.  Some glanced at it, while others looked for a long time and then would came back to look again.  There were a lot of great comments given about it.

The peaches didn't get quite as much attention but I still love this painting

Me, Audrey and Kaitlin waiting for the awards ceremony
All the gang ready to eat

Audrey and her date Joe
 We had the dinner for the Sweethearts dance at our house.  We served breakfast/french fries.  Mostly because I thought I had hashbrowns but didn't.  Melissa came over and helped us pull it off.  Audrey thought it was a great success.
 Audrey has also spent quite a bit of time applying for various scholarships.  The big one that she claims is a really long shot is the USU Ambassador scholarship.  It's all about leadership and personality.  Right up her alley.  The first step is the collage port folio.  She wanted to do something creative to make it stand out.  Her idea was when they open it, have confetti shoot out at them.  I had to talk her out of that one because I didn't think they would enjoy cleaning it up.  Instead, we made it so she pops up when the book opens.  Making a pop up was more difficult than I expected.  But it turned out creative.  She also made a string that they pull and it plays a happy song.
We took a lot of these to get the right one.

I still think Isaac is really cute when he sleeps.  When he takes a cat-nap, he almost always uses his dog pillow.

No comments: