 |
| Ian, Audrey, Andie after their song |
 |
| warm day for skiing |
 |
| Isaac on the lift |
For the 3 day weekend, the Smith's invited us to go stay at their cabin along with the Flint's. Andie, Audrey and Ian performed a song called "Riptide" for us. They were truly amazing. It was the perfect song for their voices and instruments. I took our 'Redneck Life'
game in hopes of playing it with Sharidean. She's just the perfect personality for making that game really funny. I thought it would just be Andrea, her and I playing but Audrey and Ian came over to play too. And let me tell you, Sharidean did not dissappoint! Also Ian and Audrey were also hilarious. Ian started commenting on how he differentiated between all of his "Darryls" and how he pronounced them all a little differently. There's Dar-rill, Daaaryl, Dare-hell....after that one slipped out I lost it. For some reason, swearing is so hilarious when it's pure accident. And so not, when it's on purpose. Then Sharidean would yell in her strong backwoods accent "My ship has come in!" (she won $200). She would also yell about waking up in bed with the wrong husband etc. She sent Ian into a laughing fit a few times that I haven't seen him do in awhile. So much fun!
We got up and went skiing. Isaac had never been so we put him in the class. He caught on so fast and now loves to ski and is still re-telling his stories of getting tangled in both dad's and my skiis at various times and sliding down the mountain together. I crashed getting off the ski lift. I thought all was well, and suddenly I'm going down backwards and hitting my head against the ice. Somewhere in the distance I heard one of my kids yelling, "No mom, no!!!"
On Mon, there was no school so we decided to go on a hike. By this point, our kids were sick of us and wanted to do something with their friends. I told them to invite whoever they wanted and we'd go on the hike with everyone. The only problem was that Mario locked our keys into our van when we got there. We don't have a very good record in this area of our lives. When I re-made our keys last time, I didn't make one for the magnet box because they were $85 each. Well, the locksmith charged us $75 to come up there and rescue us......auuuugh! Maybe I should just make one. But who nows how much longer our van will last. We all came back to our house after for a massive pot of homemade chicken noodle soup. It ended up being a happy day in spite of keys. We LOVE who our kids have chosen for friends. Don't ever underestimate the power of a good friend!
 |
| Ready for our hike |
No comments:
Post a Comment