2015

2015
posterity

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Last minute summer fun

We try to do a camp out every year with whoever of my family can come.  This year it ended up just being the Hankin's and us.  We all had a great time though.  The thing I most enjoyed is being all around the campfire and Audrey played her guitar and we sang a lot of songs.  We also talked a lot and it hit me that the reason to go camping as an adult---to lose cell service and watch the kids interact with just the basics.  It was awesome!




Peg and I

We also did a very last minute trip to Lagoon the day before school started.  Ian invited his friend Jefferson to come with us because Audrey was too busy with school exec stuff to come.  On our way down, Ian mentioned something about Blanding to Jefferson.  Jeff's eyes lit up and he said, "I have family there".  Well, come to find out, his mom and I both have David Patton Black as our great grandpa.  Ian and Jeff are SO excited to be 3rd cousins.  It was a really fun discovery.  The really weird thing about it for me was, the day before, I met Jeff's mom.  My thought was, "She reminds me of me".  I don't meet a lot of women that remind me of myself.  So, I've thought about that a few times since. 

waiting in line for 'colosus'

best friends, 3rd cousins

No comments: