2015

2015
posterity

Thursday, March 6, 2014

February

Ian--laughing at Scott's retelling of Crimson trail
Wow, I'm behind.  There has been a lot happening lately and I've not been very good at keeping up with it on this, my family history blog.  Mario is always giving me a guilt trip about not doing family history in his subtle way, I always tell him that I am doing it.  It will become history down the road a bit.  I don't think he thinks it counts though and maybe it doesn't.  I can't seem to muster being in front of a laptop anymore than I already am.  I am thinking about painting the kitchen--which is always a guarantee that it's going to happen--just a matter of finding the right picture to imitate.  I have been feeling that restless feeling that I get when winter is coming to an end--get my rear in gear and start moving.  I have been working really hard at learning Spanish the last few months.  I think AJ has been very entertained by this in the letters that I write to him.  At least I'm guessing from how Mario bursts out laughing when he reads my Spanish entries.

Aaron, Audrey and Ian doing-I don't know

Grandpa's reaction to his white elephant gift
We had our annual Clue house/white elephant/Durrant family overnighter a few weeks ago.  It was a great time.  We played live clue in the clue house (complete with costumes).  I'm not sure it happened quite how grandma was picturing but everyone had fun anyway, which is the point.  We played a lot of Splash, ate a lot of food, and played a lot of games--the usual predicted good time.

We seem to have themes that happen in our white elephant game.  This year, it was "fake flowers that bloom in front of your eyes"

Ready to begin Splash


Mario and his favorite nephew Brett.  Mario would say what I say about Isaac, "He's not my favorite, I just have a weakness for him"

No comments: