2015

2015
posterity

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Aliciaisms

Almost every week that I write AJ a letter I include an Aliciaism.  I got this idea from my funny neice that gets her quotes included in their family letters.  I realized that Alicia also says things all of the time that I should keep a record of.  I hope she never grows out of her off the wall-being funny without trying to-self. 
  
I wrapped a gift for Isaac and put in under the tree. I told Isaac that I was very excited for him to open this gift. He will love it. Alicia felt like it was her right to know what it was. I told her that I wasn't going to tell her because she always gave him clues until he was able to figure it out. I wanted it to be a surprise. She said, "Oh mom, that was SO last year!"

  Alicia has been complaining a lot about piano lessons and asking to drop piano and start taking guitar. (she doesn't want to do that either but knows it would get her out of piano) so, I had a discussion with audrey about teaching her and a big discussion with Alicia and thought we were set to change things.  Then a few days later Alicia said that she doesn't want to drop piano, then a few minutes later, she did again. I said, "Holy what the?" she said, "Well, it's hard for me to decide.  What if you had this man and this man to marry and you just loved them both so much?"  I'm afraid I've never had that particular problem.

  Alicia and Isaac were talking about school and if they've ever been punished and sent to time out. Or I think they called it 're-focus' Alicia said, "Well, I have had to go to re-focus but it wasn't my fault. I was framed!!!"

Audrey has been in Consyville big time this week since he took a big step and held her hand. She and I were talking 'details' the next day. Alicia was in the room but wasn't really aware of what exactly we were talking about--just hearing bits and peices. Audrey was giving me a hand demonstration and Alicia suddenly said, "Audrey, what was crawling on your hand?" So holy cow funny!

We were headed into the hospital to get her shots and I started singing my Pussy Willow/comfy pillow song and I grabbed her and started hugging her while we walked. She yelled, "AHHHH, what are you doing?? We are in a public place!!!!"

  Alicia was doing a long school project on my laptop and listening to my Iphone. She said, "I think staring at a screen is fine if youre listening to Phillip Phillips"


“Mom, I am not going to eat Rib-bq sandwiches at school.  Do you know what they are??  They are a pig’s butt covered in BBQ sauce and I am not eating them!”


"Mom, you told me that after AJ left, we would get some bunnies.  Well, I'm not seeing any bunnies around!!"

At Park City, she and the girls found a beautiful smooth log that was about the size of a baby.  They carried it around, pretending that it was.  When we were packing up, she brought it to me and said that she was bringing it home.  Before I could even respond she said, "Yes, it's stupid, it makes no sense, but I need it!"


She was complaining about having zits on her nose when nobody else does in her class.  I told her that she is starting the beginning stages of going from a girl to a woman.  Her response:  "OK, that was disturbing."















No comments: