2015

2015
posterity

Sunday, November 3, 2013

stake conf., Isaac turns 9, and halloween

Our family with Elder and Sister Perry
 What a great weekend it's been.  Elder Perry did a regional stake conference today.  There were 8 stakes invited to attend at the spectrum,where he would be at, and we were one of those.  They asked the 8 stake presidents and their wives to sit on the stand with him during the meeting.  They also reserved seating in front for our families, so our kids were able to sit really close.  It felt weird sitting up there.  There were seating labels and one of them had my name on it, with a complimentary bottle of water.  Afterwards, Alicia really wanted to shake his hand.  Grandma D. fought the crowd to try and get close enough to him, (He was pretty swarmed).  Grandma told us that they really weren't that close but Elder Perry picked Alicia out and said, "Let me shake hands with this young lady."  Then the crowd parted enough for Alicia to shake his hand.  Alicia thought that was really awesome.  Then it so happened that they asked us to follow Elder Perry up the hallway to a conference room for a little social time.  He and his wife talked to each of our kids separately and were both so kind and amazing.  There were  2 other visiting authorities,--Callister and ...not coming to me.  Also Sister Oscarson, the yw general pres.,  talked to us for quite awhile and especially to Audrey.  She was asking Audrey about what she wanted to do after she graduated.  Audrey said a few things and then said, "So, what do you do?"  Audrey meant what did she used to do, and Sister Oscarson knew that but her reaction was funny....."Well, I'm a little busy with a church calling now."  Just as we were leaving, I asked Elder Perry if we could get our picture with him.  I'm so excited to send it to AJ.

Isaac on his 9th birthday
 For Isaac's birthday, I took he and Alicia on a surprise trip to IFA after school and let him choose a gigantic pumpkin that they were advertising.  Isaac really does love Halloween and especially Halloween decorations.  His eyes about popped out of his head when I told him we were buying one for his birthday.

The kids all decided that they were now mature enough to skip trick-or-treating.  Although, they did want to go to the Fotheringham's campfire, and the Chase-Dunn's and Selvages for giant candy bars and chips.  So I told them that they would have to still dress up to do that.  They reluctantly put on their costumes one more time for that.  When they got back, we set up the projector in the front room so that we would hear the trick-or-treaters.  We watched Monsters University and ate all the candy that no one was coming for.  We had a total of 2 doorbell rings for the night.  I give out quite a haul of treats myself but I guess the kids would still rather go to streets where they can hit a bunch of houses at once.

Alicia and Isaac

No comments: