2015

2015
posterity

Sunday, February 24, 2013

A monday holiday, raquetball, weekend stuff and bad mothering

On Mon. the kids were out, Mario was off, and nobody had plans.  This was all extremely rare.  I got on the phone Sun. night to see if I could get Lori and Peg's families to come and spend the day with us.  I really wasn't expecting them to be able to on such short notice but it worked.  We spent the day, eating, playing games, having a ping-pong tournament, and hot-tubbing.  So much fun!

Playing non church approved Redneck Life again

I finally have a raquetball partner!  Audrey in becoming a convert and her testimony is gradually getting stronger.  I am SO excited about this!!  We are scheduled to play again on Sat. if not sooner.


Frosty and Teesh loved having a court to themselves and playing their own version of raquetball
I have to write a funny thing that happened Fri. night.  We had Justin and Melissa over for Justin's birthday.  We were sitting around talking and the phone rang at about 10:45pm.  I said to Mario, "That is going to be Ian needing a ride home."  Mario picked up the phone and yelled super loud,  "WHAT IN THE WORLD DO YOU WANT??!!!"  It was Laurie Kulikowski wondering where Josh was.  Mario about died and tried to give me the phone to talk to her but I was laughing too hard. 
 
Last night we got to go down to Salt Lake and go to the Desert Star Playhouse with the Mower's and Grandpa and Grandma D.  The play was 'Kicking the Hobbit'.  It was very goofball comedy and Ian, Josh and Tyler thought it was the funniest thing ever.  I had more fun watching them laugh than watching it myself I think.  AJ has a bad cold and didn't feel up to going so Josh got his ticket.
 
Today in RS, the lesson was on being goodly parents.  The topic of money came up and teaching our kids about it.  I went back to a week ago after our kids did that valentine restaurant for us.  Mario left them each a $5 tip.  The next day, I was downstairs and found 2 of the bills just on the floor by the couch.  I thought, "Why don't my kids even care about money? " When I got money as a kid, it was very quickly hidden safely (so I could very quickly spend it).  But it just made me mad to find it there.  It's not the first time-- One time I found a $10 bill on the floor in the van with a bunch of garbage.  I know this is my own fault though.  I seem to just give my kids what they want whenever they want it.  I don't just run out and buy toys or something but just the other day, Audrey said she needed new socks and underwear, Isaac and Alicia wanted Sam's club breakfast sandwiches "because we're sick of cereal and eggs", Ian wanted donuts because "I will die if I don't have some soon", AJ wanted new slippers because "I wear them everywhere".  Requests like this are so common and I am guilty of often just getting it for them, there is no waiting, doing xtra jobs, fighting about it--nothing.  Therefore, they do not value money and they are probably going to be financial disasters when they move out!  Something or someone (me) has got to change.







No comments: