2015

2015
posterity

Sunday, October 7, 2012

This changes everything!

These pictures are all of AJ's homecoming dance last weekend
 It was a great conference weekend.  There were some talks that I am feeling like I need to listen to and read again because they were given for me.
Audrey and I were sitting on the couch listening to the 1st session waiting for the rest of the family to filter in when Pres. Monson gave the announcement that the age of missionaries was changing.  He said it and Audrey and I starred at each other and I said, "Did he just say what I thought he said?"  I hurried and re-wound as AJ was walking in and AJ said, "What?  Did I miss something."  I said, "If we heard right, this is going to greatly effect your life."  I watched AJ's face and yes- it greatly effects his life.  Since he is one of the youngest of his class, he was planning to go to a full year of college before his mission.  Now, he suddenly goes in 9 mo. from now and gets to leave when all of his friends are going.  He is happy about that part. 
Mario has also been getting a significant amount of calls from 19 yr. old girls who are ready and so happy to get to go now.   I would have been one of them for sure.
It's all amazing to me and of course I have a lot of mixed feelings about our family never being the same again next summer.  I feel like AJ is ready for a mission and I would rather him do that right off than college.  It's the greatest education a person can have.
We keep having all of these random thoughts hit us and realized that if Alicia decided to go on a mission and our retirement plan works out--(They have now been up'd a year)--we could have Isaac, Alicia, Mario and I all on a mission at the same time.  That would be crazy!  Ian says that he will live in our house with his newlywed bride while we are gone and that AJ and Audrey are welcome to visit.  Pretty funny!  We'll see what the future brings.

AJ and his 4 best friends.  Steve, Jack, Kyle and Shane

Teresa took the pictures for them  They turned out so great

No comments: