2015

2015
posterity

Sunday, June 3, 2012

summertime- Full Speed Ahead!

 I actually love the chaos of summer (until about mid Aug. and then I'm ready for a schedule again.)  The kids wasted no time getting their pool parties organized.  AJ called me at 9am on Fri. and said that there may be kids coming in and out all day.  Within 15 min. of the call, all of these girls showed up ready for the party.  I hadn't even taken the cover off of the pool yet (or had my shower of the day.  They also had a "flour fight" which was very entertaining to observe.  I love watching him with his friends.  They are all such great kids and that means everything to the parents of a teen.
 I made them all wash off in the hose after--otherwise we would have had a bread dough pool

We all know that I love to give my Hubcap a bad time.  Yesterday, he needed to get something for his mom for her birthday.  He went out and bought a very big, very decorative glass jar with the help of  his sister Teresa.  I came home from going to the movie and saw it and thought that it was a bit of an interesting gift but since Mario's mom does love to decorate, I was minimally concerned.  Then Mario started talking about how he was going to fill it with sand and put space legos in it.  I told him that I don't get it and that would very much turn it into a white elephant gift.  He started defending himself about how it will go along with the next Halloween party theme of "space".  And that he wants to personalize the gift because they mean more that way.   A few minutes later, I looked over at him and he was starring at it very intently.  Then he calmly said, "Maybe I better keep the receipt."  AJ and I thought that was hilarious and I've been laughing about it ever since.  Teresa and Aaron came over to watch "North Avenue Irregulars" with us and Teresa tried to talk him out of putting anything in it.  By then, he was pretty determined with his idea.  Here is the end result.  Let us all judge for ourselves.
Who knows--Maybe it will be her favorite gift to date

Quote of the week:  by Aaron Taylor referring to Klunker in the movie.  "You could get hypnotized by those things."

Motherhood happy moment:  On the phone with AJ and he was asking me for more money.  (a common occurrence)  I agreed to about 10% of a letterman sweater that he wanted to buy along with his friends.)  He apparently was happy that I agreed to any of it.  He said "Thanks mom.  You're the best!"  Maybe it was nothing to him but it was a big something to me.

No comments: