2015

2015
posterity

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Updates on some cool kids


I had to get a picture of what the kids call "Pincock Popcorn Pouches"
 So, I have a few updates on the teenagers.  Audrey made the softball team!  She has been working hard to get ready for tryouts and was so excited to get on it.  I am preparing not to see much of her for the next 3 mo.  They are already going on a 4 day trip down to St. George this week.  Then she starts a night class the next week for drivers ed.  We had a hard time even finding a time to celebrate her birthday.  She gets to have that a week early. 
AJ also made the track team.  Running is a serious sport at Skyview and his coach wants him to run the 400.  AJ says this is the hardest run because it is a long distance but has to be run like a sprint.  He will be awesome at it.
Ian is providing us with a lot of entertainment lately.  His voice is changing along with his major growth spurt.  When he laughs hard, his voice jumps octaves rapidly back and forth.  It just sounds so funny!  I hope his voice changing phase lasts a long time. 

 I'm realizing that most of my blogs are about what we do on weekends.  This makes it seem like we just play games every day of the week.  I promise that we are productive sometimes.
 I love to get with Shelly Felix often to play Scrabble.  When she moved here, we became very fast friends.  During our very first conversation, it came out that we were both from really small towns ( that we still  miss a lot), and we love to play Scrabble.  Anyone who enjoys scrabble knows that it is really rare to find other people that do too. Ever since then, we get together often to play and compare motherhood notes.  I learn a lot about what I should be doing from her.  Our get togethers also ALWAYS involve chocolate in some form or another.  This time it was my "old lady" Raisinets.  I did used to think that only old ladies liked such a thing and now they are almost my favorite.
 Our latest game craze with Aaron and Teresa is Carcasonne.  It's kind of like just building a big puzzle but it's really addictive.
Alicia and Corinne being artists

No comments: