2015

2015
posterity

Thursday, December 8, 2011

I am thankful for friends

 Lately I have been thinking a lot about the great friends I have here.  I remember when we first moved into this ward I looked around that first Sun. and thought how I didn't know anyone but I felt like we belonged and that we were home.  I love that there are so many women in this ward that I admire and that I consider lifelong friends.  I guess I have been thinking about it more because of the change in ward boundaries that's coming and what that will bring. 
 Erma Bombeck says, "If I had my life to live over I would....... Invite friends over even though the carpet was stained and the sofa faded....."  So today, I pulled out the dishes and made sure they were all clean and invited a few of my best friends over for lunch.  I cleaned up the really noticeable clutter and didn't worry about the rest.   We ate french dip, homemade salsa, and slushies.  Then we all ventured downstairs and watched "The Help" together and ate a lot of peanut M & M's.  I love that movie!  It teaches so many great lessons.  Anyway, thanks friends!!  I couldn't ask for better.
Me, Susan Fotheringham, Andie Choate, Shelly Felix, Poppy Allen, and Angie Miggin

No comments: